In "New" Outlook I see this (we had no doubt our friends in New Zealand were correct about this, but we love the phrase "trust but verify"):
We did manage to extract the contact data and what we had to do was make it all REALLY EXPLICIT. Note that I also used two different versions of Outlook (2002 vs. 2003) just to keep the locations straight.
To start in OCFO select File-Import and Export:
You're exporting to a file
In fact a PST
And all we want right now is the Contacts:
Pick a location where you can save it (I picked next to the standard Outlook.PST file, because the size difference 48 vs 64 KB between the two is interesting).
Now on the Exchange side, you can run the process in reverse, or you can use Data File Management
Add a new PST, Point to your contacts.pst file,
And the end result is that you've got your contacts over:
So for the really curious calendar person: What the heck is going on here?
Let's take a look at the file structure of OCFO. Almost all the files under the /Outlook/Oracle Connector... directory are pretty small, except for the one I found called "mdb" which being within the same order of magnitude as the PST files we found makes it a good candidate for the location where OCFO data gets stored.
In fact there are several of these throughout this directory structure. Those of you who ever had the pleasure of working in 1980's era dBase will feel deja-vu. I started doing correlations between GUIDs for the contacts in Outlook/OCFO and the data here using a binary viewer, but that got to be a hassle very quickly. Russ looked at running SOAP requests for contact data using the OCS API, which he rapidly decided was "obscure and painful."
We know the contact data is in there (somewhere), but the method we sketch above has the advantages of being simple, fast, and actionable without coding.