We migrated a client from Zimbra to Exchange and found a user with TWO separate SMTP email addresses. Call them Krueger@company.com and Freddy.Krueger@company.com. How did this happen? The company changed their email address policy six months ago; the new policy makes all primary SMTP addresses to be first.last.
The Sumatra tool uses ICS export file name to identify the user who owns this calendar information. Thus, the user Kruger (KRUEGER.CALENDAR.ICS) would miss all meetings or appointments he owns under FREDDY.KRUEGER@company.com."
You with me so far?
The solution IS fairly simple; Customers in field report it works beautifully.
- Insert KRUEGER.CALENDAR.ICS
- Rename the primary SMTP on Exchange to FREDDY.KRUEGER@company.com
- Copy KRUEGER.CALENDAR.ICS to FREDDY.KRUEGER.CALENDAR.ICS
- Insert FREDDY.KRUEGER.CALENDAR.ICS
- Rename his primary SMTP if you wish.