We have successfully field-proven that an MDaemon to Exchange 2013 on-premises migration can be fully scripted.
First some background on the main show: email and calendars:
So before any email or calendars are migrated we take care of:
- Reading the MDaemon user list (and passwords)
- Provisioning users -- first as Exchange contacts, then as mail-enabled users
- Re-configuring Outlook to point to your Exchange server and removing the MDaemon Outlook Sync. (Note: there are publicly available scripts. But we found they don't work. After hours of debugging, we gave up and wrote our own.)
- Pre- and Post-cut over scripting so that legacy emails are moved to the target system, and new emails redirected to the target system.