Featured Post

Three Basic Ways of Dealing with Double-Booked Resources in the Sumatra cmdlet

There are three basic ways of automatically dealing with double-booked resources in the Sumatra cmdlet suDoubleBookedMeetings. You guys wo...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Trust Me (Part Three)

Ran into two issues when configuring the resource forest and the user forest: service accounts and Address List System Service failing.

Service Account: I created two service accounts, one on each machine. The service accounts had the same name. When I went to link the resource account to the account in the user forest, accessing the linked domain controller failed.

Lesson learned - The link failed because I didn't qualify the service account with the user forest (e.g. userforest\mySvcAccount). So Exchange tried to link to the user forest domain controller with the resource service account and failed. Had I created service accounts with two different names, this problem would not have tripped me up.

Address List:

After I fixed the service account issue, the last step of in the "linked mailbox" wizard failed with an invalid address. After much head-scratching, I discovered the system attendent had failed with an MSExchangeSA event ID 1005: "Unexpected error The Local Security Authority cannot be contacted ID no: 80090304 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred. "

Dave Goldman blogged about this: Creating a new mailbox in Exchange 2007 with the new-mailbox cmdlet fails with Address List Service not Available, but only addressed one aspect. My problem was choice (4) - SA stopped. I haven't figured out why it's failing, but restarting the SA allowed me to complete the mailbox link.

OK--everything is set. Next time I'll report on the results of impersonation.

No comments: