We design the process so that by the time you've created your intermediate database you should already have the email addresses for these users in the Users table.
So the brief rules are:
- Do NOTHING for OCS email addresses that are the same as in Exchange
- Add entries to the User_Adjusted_Maps table to map OCS accounts that have different Exhcange addresses
- Run the following queries Q_Build_CustIDs_From_MMUserids, Q_Build_CustIDs_AdjustMMUsersids, Q_1_Make_User_Map, FInd duplicates for MM_Exchange_User_Map
- Look at the results in MM_Exchange_User_Map
- Repeat until all of your accounts are done.
A few other things to keep in mind.
If Oracle Calendar Server IDs are THE SAME as Exchange:
- Make sure the Primary SMTP or UPN is defined as email@example.com
If Oracle Calendar Server IDs are DIFFERENT from Exchange:
- MAP the differences (Tables)
- Build the mapping table
- Overlay the changes
Once you've got all your users mapped you can just edit the mapping table. But please exercise proper handling and care with it. You do not want to be wondering which version to use when starting yoru migration at midnight on a Friday.